Last Modified: [04/06/2022]
The Hive Agency LLC (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://thehive.agency/ (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at the contact details provided at the end of this document.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number, (“personal information“);
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time you request to be contacted or for more information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research and customer satisfaction purposes.
All information that you provide to use must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. We do not process sensitive information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate our website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as you IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences referring URLS, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our website, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operations of our website, as well as for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity on the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions which you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as activity, error reports, and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access our website. Depending on the device, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location. This may be precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation that tells us current location (Based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your location setting on your device.
- Mouse Position, Click, and Scroll Trackers. We collect data such as information about your mouse cursor’s movement on our Website, what you click on our Website, and where you scroll to on our Website. Specifically, we use the tools available on https://www.inspectlet.com/.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please contact using the contact information at the bottom of this policy for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To provide information regarding promotions or sales.
- To improve our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To respond to user inquires/offer support.
- To save or protect your vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please notify us of the same. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
By reaching out to TheHive Agency and using our services you are automatically opting in for SMS/text based communications.
Who We May Disclose Your Personal Information With
- To independent contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (with appropriate contracts in place) such as those that provide data analytics services, payment processing, performance monitoring tools, and sales and marketing tools.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Hive Agency LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Hive Agency LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Hive Agency LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. These mechanisms are intended to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Personal Information Retention Timing
When we have no ongoing legitimate business needs to process your personal information, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from further processing until deletion is possible.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. As a general rule, do not share your personal information with others.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Additional Rights and Information for EU, UK, Canadian, and California Users
If you are in the EU or UK, this section applies to you.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. A such, we may relay on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process information for some of the purposes described in order to:
- Send users information about special offers and discounts on our service
- Analyze how our website is used so we can improve them to engage and retain users
- Support our marketing activities
- Diagnose problems and/or fraudulent activities.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which you are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interest or the vital interests of a third party.
If you are in Canada, this section applies to you.
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e., express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e., implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interest of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain information, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and address of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provide below.
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
- Every individual who is the state of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- Every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose.
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents.” If this definition of “resident” applies to you we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past (12) months:
Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifies, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, and account name
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
Name, contact info, education, employment, employment history, and financial information
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Gender and date of birth
D. Commercial information
Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information
E. Biometric information
Fingerprints and voiceprints
F. Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems, and advertisements
G. Geolocation data
H. Audio, electronic, visual, olfactory or similar information
Images and audio, video or call records created in connection with our business activities
I. Professional or employment-related information
Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level or job title, work history, and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us
J. Education information
Student records and directory information
L. Inference drawn from other personal information
Inferences drawn from any collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories instances where you interact with us in person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our services and to respond to your inquiries.
Sharing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for our own business purpose, such as for undertaking internal research. This is not considered to be “selling” of your personal information.
We have not sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve months. We have disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purposes in the preceding twelve months:
- Category A – Identifiers
- Category B – Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
- Category D – Commercial information
You have the following rights in regard to your personal data:
- Right to request deletion of the data
- Right to be informed/to know about whether we collect and use your data, purposes for which we collect it, whether we sell it, categories of personal information that we collect, whether we sell it to third parties, or the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- Right to non-discrimination for the exercise of a consumer’s privacy rights
- Right to object to processing of your personal information
- Right to correct your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant
- Right to designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf.
- Right to request to opt out from future selling of your personal information to third parties (although we have no intentions of selling any personal information).
Upon a request regarding the exercise of any of the above rights, you will have to verify your identity. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so we can match it with information you have previously provided us. We will only use the personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. However, if we cannot verify your identity form the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for purposes of verifying your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.